Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cultural event #3

The third cultural event I attended was the dance show. Since I was in the actual show, I attended all four showings (April 19 - 21). Although I might be kind of biased towards the show since I was in it, I still think it was a very good performance. There were a few different cultural dances like greek dance, belly dance, scottish, and irish. I think that these provided a good balance for the more popular hip-hop dances, and made the show into more of an art piece than just a bunch of people moving around onstage. A lot of time and hard work goes into the choreography of these dances; before being a part of it, I probably never would have considered the dance show to be artistic. But after seeing all of the dances in their entirety and watching how the lighting enhanced them, I can see how dance is really an art form.

No comments: