Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cultural event #2

I haven't blogged about cultural events in a REALLY long time, but I went to the Mandrake back in April. I liked it a lot, i think that it had a good story line and it was pretty funny at times. But the most interesting part about it was the fact that there were pretty much no female characters in the entire cast. There were women playing the parts of men in some cases, but the script was very limited when it came to female characters. Although the set was quite beautifully constructed, the one artistic element of the play that I didn't really appreciate was the use of masks. I understand that they had their place in the play, but i think that they obstructed the facial emotions of the actors too much. Overall I think it was a good performance.

No comments: